Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nobody Got Rich on Their Own

I was puttering in my kitchen and listening to somebody's MSNBC show, and I heard this voice, that I did not recognize, explaining why the wealthy should be contributing more.


"Who the hell is that?" I said (to my cat), and ran to look at the TV.  Needless to say, it is Elizabeth Warren:









I have not heard anyone, not Bernie Sanders, not Barack Obama, tell this as well as did Elizabeth Warren.


I believe that Warren is the person that we in South Carolina need to turn to, because she is the one with the right answers, and she is unafraid to tell it, pointblank, the way it is.


Not only do we here in South Carolina need to throw our full support behind Warren.  We need to bring her message to the 2012 South Carolina race.


We need to find gutsy, outspoken candidates for the House of Representatives, and for state offices, and we need them to ally with and echo Warren's message.


Democrats now more than ever need to reach across states' lines and gain strength from each other:  from the name recognition, from the financial strength, from the messages of people like Elizabeth Warren.  This is how we will take our state back.



No comments:

Post a Comment