Wednesday, August 15, 2012

No Smiling Faces Here

Wadmalaw Island, where I live, does not have public water.  We do not have a grocery store or gas station.  What we do have, that everyone frequents, is a Charleston County Recycling Center.  With no town pick-up, residents pretty much all make a trip to the dump (or as a neighbor refers to it, "Wadmalaw Mall") at least once a week.

So two years ago, I was pretty steamed to see, as I was exiting the recycling center, a campaign sign for Tim Scott front and center on the opposite side of the street.  At one point during the campaign, the sign disappeared, but lo! by the time I got there again there was another one.

So it was with a bit of ire that two weeks ago, as I left the recycling center, I saw:




Apparently, it is never too early to sling mud around here.  The meanness knows no bounds.  And it is a clever sign, done by someone with talent.  I wonder what other captive audiences he has found.

It amazes me that there is so little fight on the other (my) side.  We have been beaten.

I was told that, in Dorchester County in a recent election year, an illegal sign was posted, and ignored when reported to law enforcement, but when someone pulled it out, she was arrested in minutes.

Takes the wind out of a person's sails, when there is one side in charge, and they are mean and angry.

Anyway, the law in Charleston County is that an election sign can stay up for no longer than 90 days.  So if y'all want to try to monitor this nonsense and fight back, I'm with you.  If I were a few years younger, I might be tempted to climb that tree myself.  Such a piece of art will someday get a good price on eBay.




No comments:

Post a Comment