Wednesday, October 31, 2018

That School Board Election -- The Final Episode

When I wrote The School Board Election Quandary -- Part 2 I included my own recommendations.  They are:

East Cooper -- Sarah Shad Johnson

West Ashley -- Paul H. Padron

I had not yet decided on the North Charleston race yet, so I am adding that here:

North Charleston -- Vivian Pettigrew

Also, as I said earlier, you are allowed to choose up to two candidates for the two vacant East Cooper seats.  I prefer to choose one, as I believe in a close race choosing more than one candidate can take away from a first choice.  Others disagree and want to use all allowable votes.  If there were a gun to my head and I had to choose a second candidate for East Cooper (and, hey, this is South Carolina so it could happen...) I would choose Jake Rambo.  But I really, really want to see Sarah Johnson on the school board, so I will only be voting for her in East Cooper.  Up to you.

If you haven't voted yet -- and the big day is next Tuesday -- I hope this has helped.

If you have already voted, kudos.  But don't stop now.  Pass this information onto friends, family, coworkers, and help them get to the polls.

If there ever was a year we could see our candidates win, this is it.  But every vote will matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment